Sunday, December 11, 2016

2016 NYRR Ted Corbitt 15k: Race Photos & Results


Yesterday was a bit chilly - cold enough to finally put on running tights for the Ted Corbitt 15k in Central Park!   The 15k was the last club points race of the year.  It was also my 10th NYRR race of the year (having completed my 9+1 with at the NYCM last month). 

At the start, Gary Corbitt, Ted Corbitt's son said a few words before we set off on the 15k named in honor of his dad!  I didn't run it last year - the last time I lined up for this race was in 2014.  As for my performance, I ran a 1:12:31 (exactly 10 seconds slower than my 2014 finish). 

Afterwards, we headed up to the Bronx and met at the Rambling House for our annual Taconic get together.  Instead of beer - my go to drink was an Irish Coffee (or two)!  Given the cold, and that I was still pretty much frozen from the race, it was the perfect rehydration :D

Here are the official results from NYRR.








No comments: