Sunday, July 13, 2014

2014 norwalk summer series 5 miler: race photos & results


the 2nd race in the norwalk summer series, the 5 miler, had great weather and a large turnout.  two of my taconic teammates, bob and tom, also made the trip from new york - but had battery trouble after the race (but made it back okay).

as for the race itself, my 37 minute time goal was in line with my finish at the 2013 edition (36:59).  but, my 7:30 in mile three, put the sub-37 just out of reach.  my 37:12 was a redemption of sorts, for the 39:21 i ran at the achilles 5 miler last month - so i was more than pleased with it :D

afterwards, i had a chance to give don his age group medal from the 4th of july wlf ptnam county classic.  after the challenging 8 miler, don couldn't stay for the awards - so he got his at the end of the award ceremony for the 5 miler!

here are the race results from hi-tek racing.

next up is the wstport summer series 4.1 miler next weekend.

 




 


thanks to kate for taking a few of these photos (the start, tommy & me, and don w/his medal)! the rest of my photos are up on facebook.

No comments: